What is REES?
NYCHA’s Office of Resident Economic Empowerment & Sustainability (REES) supports residents to increase their income and assets through programs, policies, and collaborations in four key areas:
- Employment and Career Advancement
- Adult Education and Vocational training
- Financial Empowerment
- Resident Business Development
REES evolved from NYCHA’s Office of Resident Employment Services (RES) in 2009. REES offers a wide array of services through partnerships and collaborations with local organizations to include financial empowerment and resident business development, along with our existing employment, adult education, and training programs. REES is committed to connecting residents to high quality programs in neighborhoods throughout New York City. REES refers to this new approach as the “Zone Model.”
REES can help you:
- Connect with local economic opportunities (hiring events, training sessions)
- Access Section 3 and other job opportunities more easily
- Enroll in adult education programs
- Take advantage of various NYCHA rent incentives programs
- Improve your credit or manage debt through financial empowerment services
- Learn how to start or grow a business
Learn more about the REES Zone Model
We look forward to your feedback on how REES can better serve your needs.