Queensbridge/Ravenswood Scholarship Fund
Former residents of Queensbridge and Ravenswood Houses have established and manage a private scholarship fund to support the academic endeavors of current residents from those two developments. Scholarship awards are $500.00 and approximately four scholarships will be distributed.
All of the following rules are applicable:
- Applicants must be in the second, third or final year of obtaining their undergraduate college degree (freshman are excluded) or pursuing a graduate degree.
- Applicants must be residents of Queensbridge or Ravenswood houses.
- Applicants must be enrolled in the upcoming school semester with a minimum of twelve (12) college credits. Exceptions will be made for applicants that need less than twelve (12) credits to complete their degree and for graduate students.
- Applicants must complete the application in its entirety and are required to answer the essay question.
Application Deadline: Applications must be postmarked by Friday, July 28, 2017
2017 NYCHA-CUNY Resident Scholarship Program
NYCHA offers multiple scholarships to support our residents as they increase their income and assets through higher education. All scholarships award one-time $1,000 grants to eligible residents who are pursuing undergraduate degrees at a City University of New York (CUNY) college.
- NYCHA-CUNY Resident Scholarship – for NYCHA residents who are full-time undergraduates at a City University of New York (CUNY) college
- Regina A. Figueroa Memorial Scholarship – for NYCHA residents with disabilities who are undergraduates at a CUNY college
- Levine Family Scholarship – for NYCHA residents who are full-time undergraduates at the City College of New York (CCNY)
- Kofi Hormeku Scholarship – for NYCHA residents residing in Brownsville, East New York or Ocean Hill, Brooklyn who are undergraduates at a CUNY college
Eligibility Criteria: Authorized NYCHA public housing residents; enrolled undergraduate CUNY students; 30 or more credits; minimum 3.0 GPA.
Applications for 2017 will be available in May.
Frequently Asked Questions: Check out our FAQ.
CHW Scholarship Fund for Public & Affordable Housing Residents
The Cannon Heyman & Weiss Scholarship Fund is awarding up to $17,000 in scholarship awards to residents of affordable housing who are accepted into full- and part-time study at approved colleges, junior colleges, technical schools, and other post-secondary institutions leading to a degree, diploma or certificate.
Eligibility criteria: ”Affordable Housing” means multi-family residential rental housing in New York State financed by Federal, State or local subsidies including either project-based Section 8 subsidy or portable Section 8 vouchers.
Application Deadline: All submissions must be postmarked by April 15, 2017