Would you like to make a difference in your community?
Build Healthy Lives as a Substance Abuse Counselor
OUTREACH TRAINING INSTITUTE (OTI) can give you the tools to change the lives of those in need in your community. Imagine the impact you can have on individuals and families struggling from the effects of substance use and alcoholism. Invest in a rewarding, in-demand career and earn a certificate as a NYS Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor Trainee (CASAC-T) in less than a year!
Requirements for scholarships:
- Residency: NYCHA resident living within the five boroughs of New York City (Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Bronx, and Staten Island)
- Education: High School Diploma/GED (applicants with a college degree are NOT eligible for a full scholarship)
- Income: Currently unemployed or earning no more than $20,000 per year (income eligibility based on family composition)
- An 8-month accelerated track
- Expert Faculty
- Internship/Career Placement Assistance
- Partnership with SUNY Empire State College
REGISTER to be on the waiting list for the next information session:
Secure your reservation online, click here.