It’s Tax Time. Go Get Your Refund!
NYCHA’s Office of Resident Economic Empowerment and Sustainability (REES) has partnered with Food Bank For NYC to offer FREE tax prep services to NYCHA residents through the Virtual Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
These tax prep services are fast, free, local and available to anyone earning $53,000 per year or less. Free tax preparation and e-file will be available at select NYCHA Community Centers starting January 26 through April 11, 2015.
Click here for Food Bank for NYC’s FREE tax locations at NYCHA community centers.
Benefits of FREE tax filing include:
- You get quality tax preparation for $0 (no fees).
- Certified VITA intake coordinators can help you claim all eligible refunds, including the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), worth up to $8,293 and NYC Child Care Tax Credit (NYC CCTC), worth up to $1,733.
- Quick, convenient and professional service. No long lines. Just drop off your tax documents and receive a call or email when it’s prepared.
What Documents Do You Need to File Your Taxes?
- Proof of identity (e.g., driver’s license or other photo ID)
- Social Security cards for self, spouse, and dependents and/or Individual Taxpayer ID Number
- Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R (wage and earning statements)
- Forms 1098 and 1099 (interest and dividend statements)
- Bank account and routing numbers (if you are directly depositing your refund).
- For a full list, click here.