Case Management Workers
The New York City Housing Authority’s Community Engagement & Partnerships Department is seeking candidates for consultant positions, to work as Case Management Workers at several locations in the Bronx for City Fiscal Year 2017 (CFY17). The Case Management Workers will be responsible for providing a wide range of service coordination, outreach and supportive services to NYCHA’s elderly and disabled residents, on a weekly basis from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., for a maximum of 35 hours each week. The Case Management Workers must be able to work with residents both at their home and our office/development area and must have prior background providing Outreach Services as described above. Interested candidates should e-mail their resumes to Carolyn.Mcleod@nycha.nyc.gov or fax to her attention at (212) 306 – 5165; the ability to speak both English and Spanish is a plus. NYCHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Case Management Workers responsible duties are:
- Conduct emergency home visits and health checks to elderly and disabled residents
- Counsel elderly and disabled residents who seek
- Link elderly residents who are frail or at risk to supportive services, i.e., APS, JASA, entitlements
- Report cases of suspected elder abuse
- Manage the Floor Captain/Buddy system program to monitor resident’s well-being
- Monitor the health and well-being of residents during heat, fire and snow emergencies
- Maintain accurate case logs and reports
- Inform supervisor of new partnership agency opportunities
- Attend supervisory meetings, staff meetings, trainings and community meetings as requested by Supervisor.